Race Hard. Play Hard. All The Way.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Race Hard. Play Hard. All The Way.

Sled Dog Team Role Play Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training. Day One.

Go down 
+3
Frindgett
~Second~Chance~
Lovingly Depressed[ADMIN]
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

Training. Day One. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

<<oooohh oops sorry about that!>>

Keesha licks the musher's hand and takes bite by bite out of her food bowl, savoring every bit as there wouldn't be much else until late at night unless they went ice-fishing. Demon gobbled down his kebble like a maniac and finished it in seconds. He licks his lips and smiles at Keesha. "Slow-poke." He mutters to himself. Keesha's ears twitch at Demon and she growls lowly. The musher drank his coffee, waiting for all of the dogs to finish.
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Food. I hate the kibble. It's hard and brown and jabs your tongue. Still, better that then nothing. I crunched it up, watching another dog growl.

((Ugh, writer's block.))
Back to top Go down
Darkcrescent

Darkcrescent

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Loki nosed the door to his cage open, watching as Mellie charged over to Julio's door. His tail hung down as he stepped out and sniffed the air. He stood in the small walkway outside of the kennel before moving over toward Eski's. He grinned at her through the mesh of the door and barked softly in greeting.
~~

Domino sat watching the musher unlock kennels and give small amounts of food to some of the dogs. Her tail wagged happily when he got to her and released her. She leapt out, almost running into his legs, and bounced happily up and down outside of her kennel. Her bushy tail waved in the air behind her as she looked for someone to surprise attack.
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

"Loki."

I grinned back, tongue hanging out slightly. I was eager to start the run. I loved the feel of adrenaline you got when your legs swept through the snow, loved the hot breath in my throat and the cries of the musher.
Back to top Go down
Frindgett

Frindgett

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Training. Day One. - Page 2 29530x4

Julio waited as the musher opened his cage next to last he would huff and nose Mellie wagging his tail and playing around pouncing near her, Julio was just a big puppy fluff as many on the team called him.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Gear&Mellie   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Training. Day One. - Page 2 GEAR

Gear padded slowly to Keesha's pen. She was by far one of the most interesting female dogs on the team. A lot of females that came onto the team didn't give a rats behind as to what he was interested in. She made a wonderful friend to talk about things with. She always had an opinion on something or other. He nosed at her shoulder as she ate "Good morning sunshine." This was an atypical greeting for him as he mostly kept to himself. She was truly a peice of sunshine to the team though.

Training. Day One. - Page 2 Mellie

Mellie was waiting patiently for the musher to open Joupe's cage. When the door swung open she yipped with joy. She nosed him gently in the head. "Joupe!!!!" Her tail wagged quickly in it's resting place on her mid back.

Last edited by Lovingly Depressed[ADMIN] on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://racehardplayhard.rpg-board.net
Darkcrescent

Darkcrescent

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Loki grinned at Eski, wagging his tail. He bounced on his paws impatiently, before he saw a dog creeping along behind her. "Eh?" he thought, tilting his head sideways as the walking mound of fur came closer. She looked like she was sneaking up on Eski. "Eski! Move!" he barked as Domino launched herself through the air at them.

Domino crept up slowly, stalking her prey as the female was distracted by Loki. She gave a flying leap as he alerted Eski. Dang! she thought as she went flying through teh air, hoping her victim wouldn't dodge.
Back to top Go down
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 pm

((Aweh Gear is so sweet))

Keesha smiled warmly. She licked Gear's cheek and blushed. "How was your sleep?" She asked, not knowing what else to say.

~~~

Demon looked at his sister and Gear. He chuckled. He padded over to Keesha and said: "Wow you actually got a guy to fall for you!"

~~~

Keesha growled at her brother. "I'd like to see you find a girl that'd even say hi." She challenged.

~~~

Demon smiled. "Oh, don't worry about that. I will."
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Just Gear   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Gear shook his head. "Not better than any other night." He had horrible luck sleeping. He couldn't ever find a place to get comfortable. He growled quietly to Demon. The other male had no idea of his feelings for Keesha. For all Demon knew he could be using her. He turned to face Demon. "I'd like to see you even talk to a female."

Back to top Go down
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 am

Keesha nods. "That sucks." She snickers at Demon.

~~~

Demon growled at Gear. "Oh hello. Oh -- you're not a female are you? Oh. I guess you should really look at yourself in the mirror." He snorts. He padded to the front door, and sat there, waiting for the musher to finish his coffee and let him out.

~~~

Keesha snorts at Demon. "I hate my brother." She sighs to Gear. "He always treats me like I'm nothing. Now that he's been doing it for years on end, he has pushed the thought into my head that I am nothing." She tries t explain, confusing herself.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Gear snarled and bowed his neck lower to the ground. He had been bred to be a show dog but he in no means looked like a female. He turned his head to the side and stared at Demon as he walked away. After several deep breaths and a few more growls Gear turned back to Keesha and scoffed. "You're not nothing! HE is nothing. Remember that."
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Vixen

PostSubject: Pounce   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm

I was aware of Domino's presence behind my swishing tail before Loki's cry, but did not think she was there to pounce upon me. I gave a sharp yelp as paws hit my back, but managed to twist to the side before I was pushed into the white powder below me. It was to enough to remove the other dog from nearby. "Very funny Domino," I growled, standing, nipping at her ear.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrescent

Darkcrescent

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Domino yipped happily as her paws connected with Eski before landing beside her. Her lips pulled back in a grin as Eski nipped at her ear. "Sorry, but it was fun," she woofed happily. Loki sighed before pressing his nose forcefully into her shoulder, causing her to stumble. She grunted and nipped the tip of his nose before bouncing backwards a few steps. "I gotta run right now, I can't wait any longer," Domino moaned dramtically, shuffling her paws in mock anxiety. Loki snorted and turned his head to see what the musher was doing.
Back to top Go down
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Keesha smiled at Gear. "Thank-you. Atleast someone thinks that." She licked his muzzle. The musher got up and said: " 'Aight dogs! Let's go!" Keesha happily bounced up and trotted close to the door, ignoring Demon and waiting for Gear.

~~~

Demon growled lowly at Keesha. "Go to the back of the line. You don't need to be first. You're nothing, remember?"

~~~

Keesha sulked and padded back to where her cage was. "Stupid mutt." She muttered.

~~~

Demon snarled. "WHAT did you just call me?!!" He yowled, charging up to her and knocking her into the brick wall.

~~~

Keesha wimpered. "Put. Me. Down." She ordered.

~~~

Demon snorted. "Are you going to call me a mutt again? I am not a mutt. I am a pure-bred Siberian Husky. YOU are the mutt."

~~~

Keesha growled. "Don't you EVER say that about me. I am proud of being part wolf! It makes me strong."

~~~

Demon laughed. "Then howcome you haven't pushed me off yet?"

~~~

Keesha raked her claws along his face. "That'll leave a mark." She teased. "Now do you believe me?"

~~~

Demon smirked. Blood started to drip down his face as he scowled at his sister.

~~~

Keesha snickers. "Serves you right." She says, and pads to the door, and jumps out as the musher opens it and says: "Revenge isn't all that great but you sure showed your brother what you're made of." He chuckled at her. Keesha nodded, smiling and padded to her spot.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Gear and Mellie   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Gear watched in horror as Demon and Keesha fought. He padded quickly to her side to comfort her by licking at her fur where she had been pushed against the wall. As he took his place as lead dog at the front of the two lines he turned his head and snarled at Demon "I will get you." He turned back towards the musher before leading the left side line out the open door on the mushers command. This particular musher knew of the brother and sister fighting on occasion and wouldn't step in unless things got too out of hand. Other wise he depended on Gear and Ryi to keep it under control.

Mellie padded to her place behind Keesha. She had always thought Keesha was nice. She also thought that Demon could be nice but wasn't likely to be nice to his sister.

Back to top Go down
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Demon chuckled. "Sure you will." He glared at Gear and smirked at him.

~~~

Keesha snarled at Demon. "Watch your back, Demon. Or I'll step in too."

~~~

Demon snickered. "I'm so scared." He stared at her.

~~~

Keesha smirked at him and looked back at Mellie. She nodded at her, smiling weakly. She turns her head to Gear and sighs, white air coming out of her mouth.

~~~

Demon snorted at her and waited for all the dogs to get in their spots. "How long does it take?!!" He growled.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrescent

Darkcrescent

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Loki flicked his ears at Demon and snorted in contempt as the dog complained about them taking a while. He purposely moved slowly to take his place behind where Ryi would stand, diagonal from Gear. He dipped his head to Gear and grinned before looking over his shoulder to look for Eski.

Domino joined the line on the left and bounced on her paws from excitement, her tail wagging furiously as her face was split in a wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Gear & Mellie   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:02 am

It puzzled Gear as to why Demon challenged him so. It was just common knowledge that the team functioned as a family. As dysfunctional as it was. Gear didn't want trouble on his team, but it looked as though he got it.

Mellie whined. Half in excitement and half in worry. She hated it when Demon and Keesha fought. It made her uneasy, and she was sure the other dogs felt the same. If they couldn't function as a team 24/7, how could they function as a team on the trail? Mellie knew that Gear was in this to win it but with this problem Mellie wasn't so sure Gear's dream would be fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Vixen

PostSubject: Let's go!   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:27 pm

I padded up beside Loki, eyes fixed on the musher. One word from him and we would bolt forwards...but right now he was harnessing up the other dogs. I swiveled my eyes towards my running partner. "Where do you think we're headed for?" I asked, tail wagging a little, just sweeping past the nose of the dog behind.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Gear craned his neck to look at the dogs. Calmly Gear recited "First day of training, we always at least do the short route." Doing the short route meant that it was only a sixth of what the Iditarod called for. The musher liked to start slow and build them up each year.
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 pm

"Sweet," I barked, grinning at our team leader but keeping my tail low and ears flat as a sign of submission. Gear was the alpha dog. No dog could disobey him in their right mind. Demon was never in the right mind, so that didn't count. I shook my fur, as it was spattered with white snow from Domino's attack. The black cape across my back was now completely free of flakes. The rest of my body was a spotless white.
Back to top Go down
Frindgett

Frindgett

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Training. Day One. - Page 2 29530x4

Julio wiggled around as he stepped out of his cage freed by the mushers gloved hands, he would look around as he stood tall unfortunatly being taller than a siberian husky or akita he was one of the tallest dogs on the team. Shaking the mane he would look around as he walked towards his spot on near the sled he looked around to Gear and nodded huffing slightly.
Back to top Go down
Adorkablefailure

Adorkablefailure

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Keesha stared at Demon, letting out an annoyed sigh, rolling her eyes.

~~~

Shut u--" He was interrupted by being covered in snow. He snarled, but shook it off, making it land on Keesha.

~~~

Keesha snorted and left it on. The musher watched them, his eyes flicking to either one of them. He shook his head at Demon. She could tell the musher wanted to discipline Demon, but it wouldn't work out well, and most mushers got the leader to sort it out, or would bite the dog lightly on the ear - that had always worked with Demon - but he would go and ruin everything later on. She looked at Gear, her face in a frown.

~~~

Demon pushed her over, making himself fall over aswell - because they were hooked together.

~~~

Keesha chuckled. "Slick move, smart one."

~~~

Demon growled lowly.

~~~

Keesha pushed him off and got up. The musher whistled and got the dogs ready to go. Keesha's tail wagged rapidly, though she wasn't as happy as her tail was... It was just the exhileration of charging forward, the snow in your paws, the wind ruffling your fur, and the beautiful mountains all around you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training. Day One.   Training. Day One. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training. Day One.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2